1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A literal SEC border war looming?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Hammer Pants, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?rn=3906861&cl=6379352&ch=4226713&src=news

As funny as this story is (particularly the college football part), I could have done without them playing "Dueling Banjos" at the beginning.

As for the the actual news ... maybe Atlanta doesn't need so many fucking people. I can't believe some politicians actually think they'll just take a one-mile stretch of land because it was drawn up that way hundreds of years ago. I'm sure the natives would rather us have just stayed in Europe, but that didn't happen.

Atlanta is a monstrosity with a joke of a public transportation system, and I'm very sorry that its having water issues, but why can Tennessee not give Georgia some water without having its land annexed?

I have an idea ... How about going to Nashville, Birmingham, Chattanooga or Knoxville and starting your business there? Seems a higher power is trying to tell Atlanta that it's overpopulated.

2. Hammer Pants

You can call me concerned about my birth state's well-being. Atlanta is a monster and must be stopped.

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Just have pro sports games take place everywhere in the city. With Atlanta's history, that'll clear 'em out.

4. Hammer Pants

Only half of them will leave if the Braves are in the playoffs, though.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

If they shift this border, wouldn't they have to shift the whole thing along the southern boundary of Tennessee all the way to the Mississippi River? I notice the border takes a slight jog at Pickwick Lake.

That boundary's been in place for more than 200 years. I don't think the federal courts will touch this with a 10-foot pole. Call it squatter's rights if you like.

Draft saved Draft deleted