1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A hole in the ground

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Johnny Dangerously, Sep 12, 2006.

1. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

Let me repeat, "At least the ones watching MSNBC."

What I meant was that when Olbermann gets serious, there's a certain gravity to what he's saying. It's compelling. Yes, we all know O'Reilly's ratings are better. Let's move past that.

2. dog428

dog428 Active Member

It's good that you're finally realizing my superiority.

Progress.

3. So not only are you misstating what you originally said, now you're putting words in my mouth. You, sir, are no Olbermann -- but on second thought, maybe you are.

4. And here they told me you had no sense of humor!

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Why is it that the first criticism which the O'Loofah lovers always have of Olbermann is his supposedly low ratings?

6. dog428

dog428 Active Member

See: Reply #47 on this thread.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

O'Loofah. Ha! :D

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Nah. I just don't think he comes off as being that intelligent. Where did he get his education anyhow?

9. If you've been paying attention, you'll know I've said O'Reilly is a blowhard. He and Olbermann are two sides of the same, ridiculous coin.

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Y'know, Webster, you have a very good point. And the same applies to those who point to O'Loofah's ratings, too.

Lyman, serious question here, and I promise I'm not trying to pile on: Why DO you and others constantly bring up ratings when arguing these kinds of issues?

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If he's reading just comic books and cereal boxes, he has the president beat, at least.

12. Because, apparently, for all the glory Olbermann is coated in on this site, the public at large doesn't really seem to be buying it. Kind of like the "I don't understand how Nixon won, everybody I know voted for McGovern" philosophy.

Draft saved Draft deleted