1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A hero story from the VA Tech tragedy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by zimbabwe, Apr 18, 2007.

1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

"How far have we advanced in the wussification of America? I AM NOW UNDER ATTACK FOR WONDERING ALOUD WHY THESE STUDENTS DID SO LITTLE TO DEFEND THEMSELVES."

The point is clear -- in his eyes the wussification of america has everything to do with lefties who won't even allow people to raise what he believes are valid questions.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Must you shit on every thread you come into contact with? My God.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

4. zagoshe

Exactly, he wasn't there and neither were you which is why he wasn't out of line to raise the questions he did. He could have done it in a better tone, but the bottom line is we all have questions, we all have things we wonder when something like this happens.

Why is it wrong for someone to raise questions that might be unpopular?

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

My fault....oh wait, you were talking to him.

6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

There is a big fucking difference between raising an unpopular opinion, and turning a tragedy into your opportunity to project your own phony macho image on the situation. It's called having some fucking tact. Maybe Boortz has been so busy massaging his pro-gun boner during the last few days that he's been unable to actually read any of the reporting that's been coming out of Blacksburg, but to suggest that the students and teachers in Norris Hall lined up like lemmings and waited to be executed, essentially calling them cowards, is not only factually ignorant of what actually happened, it's disgraceful.

Read this story. Have the guts to read what actually happened, and then be man enough to come back here and admit you spoke too soon. Admit that Boortz and Malkin need to shut the fuck up right now, stop lying, and stop trying "play devil's advocate" and "ask the questions everyone wants answers to" when we all know it's about whoring themselves for ratings, attention, or macho cowboy fantasy street creed.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/04/18/AR2007041802824_pf.html

Kids were watching their classmates get their heads blown off, they were ducking into closets, wrapping electrical chords around their legs trying not to bleed to death, throwing desks and tables against the doors, jumping out windows onto sidewalks. A faculty member, an ex-marine, charged at Cho and was gunned down in the hallway. I'm sure Michelle Malkin, though, would have jumped in the air like Jackie Chan and disarmed Cho using only a broomstick. What a shame it is that she wasn't on the scene with the Dickless Wonderboy, Neal Boortz, to show us how much braver they would have been.

But go ahead. Make yourself feel better by excusing this garbage, by letting these two cowards question the courage of the kids and teachers who were slaughtered while they dove behind desks and threw themselves against doors in an attempt to stay alive. Go ahead and pretend it's all part of regular exchange of ideas and the search for the hard truths. Never once in this story is there a scene where people lined themselves up against a wall and "allowed themselves" to be executed. But why should the truth matter, right?

This isn't a issue of liberals vs. conservatives, or right vs. left. This is about two people who have so little respect for anything, they'll shit on the memory of victims (victims!) who never had the chance to say goodbye to anyone they loved, simply because there is a market for loud-mouth cowards willing to play the role of contrarian pundit asshole.

This is hardly the time or the place for Rambo fantasies. Anyone who makes even a half-hearted, mealy-mouthed attempt to excuse or defend that swill deserves none of my respect, and no more of my time.

7. Doesn't read. Doesn't think. Hates women.
    A rich, full day.

8. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Yes.... you should be ripped for being a moron... always.

9. zagoshe

Fenian once again plays the liberal who has no real argument's last card "Anyone who disagrees with us is a bigot or sexist orhomophobe."

What a joke you are.

Further, I think the context of this talk show came on either the day of or the day after the actual shootings and before many of the real details came out -- and there were plenty of people asking questions, many people wondering how and why this could happen, not just Booritz.

The only difference is, he's a conservative and the bed wetters at media watch have a hard on for him and others like him.

I'm not at all saying he couldn't have been a little more tactful, but early on,before all the facts were out, these were valid questions. If you don't think so then you are in the wrong business.

10. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

No.

You are missing the point, they are NOT valid questions.

Were you asking the same questions of the Amish girls at the schoolhouse?

The Jews in Dachau?

Some questions, while you are protected in this conutry (EDIT: You know, I misspelled the word before the parenthesis and was going to correct it with this edit... but, on reflection, I like this version in this case) legally and you CAN ask them, simply reveal you to be a agendist dolt, just above the Phelps nazis.

11. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

How completely revolting. If I were the parent of one of the injured or dead, I think these statements would fill me with such rage that I'd be hard pressed not to catch a flight to wherever these yahoos are and just starting throwing punch after punch after punch.

12. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

Here's my question, what would you have done if you were in one of those class rooms?

Draft saved Draft deleted