1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A great streak ends

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Beef03, Nov 15, 2006.

1. Bob Knight would slap your face!

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Ryan Sonner never even gets sick.

3. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Wow. Yeah, you totally missed the joke. 10 out of 14 days is what most people work if you think about it. I was just trying to be silly.

And fuck your 28 of 31 days. I worked 120 straight days once before I was finally able to get a new job where I could take days off.

4. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

I had to take two weeks of sick leave when I had back surgery in the beginning of 2000. Other than that, I haven't taken a single sick day since I entered the real world in 1997.

Certainly doesn't mean I've never been sick. But if you don't use any sick time over the course of the fiscal year, you get two more days of vacation the following year. Yipee!

5. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I haven't been sick since like 7th grade. I missed one day in high school because of a funeral (damn great uncle). I don't count missing college class ... I never actually missed one because of something that wasn't my fault (damn booze). I've been working for 18 months now and haven't been since yet.

I'm a little hurt to see there are so many other iron men out there ... I was sort of hoping I was like Bruce Willis from that Unbreakable movie. Damn.

6. Jack_Kerouac

Jack_Kerouac Member

Not only does Ryan Sonner not get sick, but he himself is the cure for cancer, AIDS, cholera, dysentery and gout.

7. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

You have died of ... well, you know of what.

8. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

I used to be one of those iron men that you all seem to be. Then I read an article that pointed out that coming in to work when your sick generally makes others around you sick and the office as a whole can have what you got for a lot longer than it would if you just took the day off. We get six sick days a year in my company and if they aren't used by the end of the year, they're gone. We don't get any sort of comp time or money for them.

So when I am under the weather. I stay home. And since I don't want to catch what you have, you should too.

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

No. That would be Jack Bauer.

10. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I'm saying I haven't been sick. I've had a cold or two that slowed down after some meds, but I haven't been any sicker than that (again, Saturday and Sunday mornings in college not counting) since grade school.

Who wants to touch me? I SAID WHO WANTS TO FUCKING TOUCH ME?

11. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

When there's nobody else to do the job, you come in no matter how you're feeling. Lucky for me I rarely get sick, and when I do, it's just a simple cold for about a week.

My longest streak is 84 of 90 days. Not willingly. Necessarily.

Hope I won't ever have to repeat that. But you do what you gotta do sometimes.

12. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Self-fellating is an amazing feat for someone your size. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted