1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A fish story about a man attacked by a mountain lion and saved by a bear

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Apr 1, 2012.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2012/03/31/SPGO1NSU3S.DTL&tsp=1

69-year-old man says he was jumped from behind by a mountain lion, fought unsuccessfully, but was rescued when a bear jumped in and fought the lion for about 15 seconds. The small paper in Northern California reported his tale without questioning it, and USA Today picked it up and now it's everywhere.

Fish and Game says it's impossible, duh. Biggs says Fish and Game is "Gestapo." He also said he once played patty-cake with a bear cub, which can't be true because that would be adorable enough to own YouTube.

If this is an April Fools joke, it's a poorly timed one, since the first reports were last Monday.

This reminds me of the time I was in a nightclub in New York and this girl came up to me. Tall brunette, too skinny for my tastes, weird name -- Minxy? Mina? I don't remember. Anyway, her voice annoyed me so I pawned her off on Jeter. I don't know what ever became of her.

2. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

So basically this is like at the end of Jurassic Park where they're about to be devoured by the velociraptors and at the last minute the T-Rex heroically steps in and saves them?

Did they give him a drug test? I'm guessing some hallucinogenics were used in the making of this story and others from his catalog.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

SHENANIGANS!

Draft saved Draft deleted