1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A first-ballot douchebag HOFer

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Batman, Apr 23, 2009.

1. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Hysterical. Thanks for the site. Reading some of the comments have made me laugh out loud. I think this could very well be a joke. Arthur Kade reminds me of that one guy who used to post on this board...what was his name, Mark McGwire's "friend"?

2. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

So to get elected into the douchebag hall of fame do you have to be retired from all douchbaggery for a certain amount of time? what about those who fall under the category of douchenozzle?

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

That guy and the Super Genius are totally BFFs!

4. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

An excellent question. If you never quit being a douche, can you qualify for the HOF? Because unlike athletes, douchebags don't get too old to be douchebags. They tend to continue forever.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Maybe it's like the LPGA. You meet certain criteria (ie. thinking Angie's not attractive enough, appear in YouTube videos with a jar of spaghetti sauce) and you're in the Hall of Fame even while you're still actively golfing (or douchebagging, as it were).

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Wow. I thought JDV was vain.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Arthur Kade is drafting off JDV's heat! Arthur Kade doesn't have YouTube Vids watched by Millions! He doesn't have a brother on speakerphone!

8. I Digress

I Digress Guest

I think with douchebaggery, you'd almost have to still be active to be in the HOF

9. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Pic on the left makes him look like Mike Greenberg.

10. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

I think they make an exception for this guy and vote him straight in, like a Roberto Clemente of assholedom, without the untimely early death.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Nice..

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

" One of the difficulties of having success so early in my career is having to make life-altering choices. With a growing resume, and increased exposure in the acting world, I have begun to build a name for myself in the acting community, and think that I am very close to premier speaking roles"

That reminds me of Ricky Gervais's "Extras". Not sure if it was shown on US TV or not. Hilarious. Gervais plays a loser extra in movies and all he wants is "a line".

And this episode with Patrick Steward is one of my favourites.

Stay with it until the end.

Draft saved Draft deleted