1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A FINE SEATTLE SATURDAY - DAY 2

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Jun 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

The Queen and I are preparing to head out to the Ferry. I know DocTalk, Lono and Wicked are planning to join us for the early run. Several others going later in the day after a trip to the music experience thing. Don't know what's up with the tattoo run but I'm sure we'll all get to see the results later.

2. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Damn, looks like I missed some good shit last night. But like I was telling IJAG, it took me forever to get out of the stadium (I waited around, hoping y'all would come back, but eventually I knew they weren't coming through that door). By the time I got out, I had no clue where I was so I called it a night and canned I'd back to the hotel. And I missed the 12-egg omelet too :'(

Oh well, onward and upward.

3. Moderator1

Hey, you have a phone!!
    See you at some point today.

4. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

I have yet to get a call. I fully expect one tonight.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Moddy -- Did you plan this outing full well knowing that the Nats would be at Safeco?

6. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Glad everyone had fun.

I thought of you guys as I watched some of the Nats-Mariners game last night. Especially Moddy during that six-run second.

7. Moderator1

Joe and SC picked the dates. I'm not to blame for that! Though I didn't complain. Hosts pick the dates.

By the way, they do something called a Rally Jig at Safeco. Funky music and everyone dances. I must say I enjoyed it even as I feared that rally was about to happen. It speaks to too much experience being behind that the crowd was adapt at this thing. "We suck, we suck but we're really having fun and we hope we rally as we dance." Something like that.

My wife's cousin and her family are joining us on the ferry, which is cool. Last time I saw this cousin - at our wedding. She was six.

FT, I was at my finest during that inning. The rest of the game was a slow torture. I truly didn't think seven runs would be enough.

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

wakey wakey hands off snakey. i will say the crowd is much tamer than i thought they'd be. and i'm pretty sure ralph wiggum would like to stab me.

9. Moderator1

Someone who is going tonight - please print off direx to Arnold's for tonight and bring them to me at the game. I'll owe you.

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

what time and what ferry are you guys hitting?

11. Moderator1

10:40 to Bainbridge at Pier 52. Some street fair over there The Queen wants to see. Several of us meeting there, please join us.

12. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Dunno what time for the ferry -- it'll be sometime after we hit Experience. (Pall, are you awake, bitch?!?! We're in the cafe now ...) The ferry link I posted leaves from Pier 55 at 1:30, 2:45 and 4 p.m. We'll take one of those.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.