1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Few Good Men alert

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mediaguy, Aug 26, 2009.

1. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

On FX right now. Already watched the second half. Same vicious cycle -- I feel a need to watch until the "galactically stupid" scene, then know I can wait around for the final courtroom showdown.

Amazing movie, but the aftermath after Nicholson leaves the courtroom is unnecessary. Ties it up too cute.

As movie dialogue goes, it's right up there.

2. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I never understood why the Nicholson character calls out Lieutenant Weinberg in the pivotal courtroom scene. Rough editing there, perhaps. But I love this freaking movie. It never gets old to me.

3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Sheesh, we've got a thread on the j-board called "could we handle the truth?" Has any movie line in the past 20 years -- that was very powerful on-screen at the time -- been pounded into the ground more?

4. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Respectfully, I disagree. After that scene, there was no doubt in my mind they would be found not guilty. Yet, the verdict didn't come in that way and it needed to be explained. I thought the ending after all that sold the movie.

5. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

One of the best lines of the movie:

"I don't want money, and I don't want medals. What I do want is for you to stand there in that faggoty white uniform and with your Harvard mouth extend me some fucking courtesy. You gotta ask me nicely."

Draft saved Draft deleted