1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A fad reborn?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HeinekenMan, Apr 1, 2007.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I had that doll, girl!

Anyway, re: the game with the names. It was called MASH (Mansion, Apartment, Shack, House). You drew a box, with four lines out from each side. One one side, you listed boys names, another you listed number of children, another you listed income and then the fourth was MASH. You closed your eyes while a friend drew slashes in the middle of hte box. When you said "stop!" you counted them up. Then you started from the upper left of the box, counting each slash and crossing off whatever line you ended up on. When you got down to one thing on a side, you circled it and skipped that side. Soon, you had a husband, a number of kids, an income and a housing option.

Your future, all planned out during recess. :)

I will now light myself on fire.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Pony Express still delivering out your way? :D They've been back in for a few years now.

4. CradleRobber

CradleRobber Active Member

Not a chance. I'm a hater of the popped colar.

Ninety percent of people who pop their collars have no swag whatsoever.

5. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Does this mean Chess King is back in business?

6. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

But the queens we use would not excite you, so you better go back to your bars, your temples, your massage
    parlors ...

7. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

I'll say this about popped collars: They have the benefit of making straight-brimmed ballcaps look only moderately ridiculous.

If I could enact just one piece of legislature my whole life, it would be instant pardons for anyone who physically assaults a guy who purposefully wears his collar up. Maybe even a tax break.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Would there be a bounty on the heads of douches who pop their collar while wearing a flat-brimmed 5950 cap?

9. I get my kicks above the waistline, sunshine.

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Unless said collar is up to protect from sunburn.

11. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Of course.

12. CradleRobber

CradleRobber Active Member

Fixed. Gotta respect the name.

:)

Draft saved Draft deleted