1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A fad reborn?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HeinekenMan, Apr 1, 2007.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Depends on where you are located.

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Terry cloth is coming. I feel it. Just watch.

The funny part is telling youngsters that what they are sporting was what my mom and/or I used to wear in the '70s. They fail to comprehend that what's new now was new before.

3. girl friday

girl friday Member

Despite the love for the paint splatters, I don't remember writing on my jeans. I wrote all over my notebooks and book covers (made from brown paper grocery bags, of course).

Did Jen's love for Steve last longer than the ink on your jeans? ;D

4. Inky_Wretch

Full disclosure: At a Polo outlet store a couple of weeks ago, I came across some paint-splattered chinos. They were marked down from $120 to $40. I almost bought them.

Instead, I bought a couple of tie-dyed Polo shirts.

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

damn near snatched the purple Polo tye dyed at the outlet by me. Opted to wait until the season is over and get it at 25-50 percent off.

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I used to love the paper-bag book covers. Did you have the notebooks that you wrote notes to each other, including polls and quizzes, and exchanged between friends?

I also had the big, massive multi-colored ink pen. Only instead of four colors, like you can get now, it had like 20. It was huge.

7. Inky_Wretch

My outlet had them for $25 each.

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

ours had em for $49.99

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

10. girl friday

girl friday Member

I had one of those pens! One Thanksgiving we went to NYC for the Macy's parade and we went to the Museum of Natural History and I bought one in the gift shop there. It must have had at least a dozen different colors...

I loved all the little games, putting your name with the name of your crush, and some game trying to figure out if you'd live in a shack, a regular house or a mansion. Can't remember more details than that....

11. girl friday

girl friday Member

that is the bomb.

another childhood memory -- I had a Michael Jackson doll (Barbie-sized) that came with that jacket. and the glove.

Draft saved Draft deleted