1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A fad reborn?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HeinekenMan, Apr 1, 2007.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Is that cradlerobber on the right? :D

2. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

I live in a big-time golf area surrounded with seemingly endless supplies of college-aged kids who think they're going to be on the PGA tour someday.
    The popped collar doesn't even set off my douchebaggerydar any more.

3. Eddie_Vedder

Eddie_Vedder Member

Well, I'm in college, so speaking for that demographic.... Yes, it's back, it's hip again. On frat boys, tools, douchebags, etc. Personally, I'd set myself on fire before looking like "one of those guys."

4. Wonderlic

Wonderlic Member

My girlfriend has actually walked up to these douchebags at the bar and flipped their collars back down. God it's hilarious. Especially when they pop them back up, Fonzie style, making sure to point their forefingers to the sky with the follow through. :D

5. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Well, I saw this on the golf course at a tournament on Sunday. So that would be a certain demographic. I recall a group of three that featured one guy in plaid shorts and a broad-striped shirt. He looked ridiculous in the same way fathers do when they hop out of their sportscar and walk into the grocery store wearing shorts and pulled-up blue dress socks. Or maybe that was just my father.

6. EE94

EE94 Guest

in fairness, a collar turned up on the golf course can often be a remedy for sunburn on the back of the neck.

but that picture of those clones (imagine this word with lines on it, like others can do) clowns is hilarious

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Please, jagerbombs are a source of goodness. Do not associate it with such idiocy. Jagerbombs aren't a drink of geeks, geeks just like jagerbombs like the rest of us.

8. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

At least since 2003 in Big State U Land.

Now that I live closer to civilization, I've seen much less of it. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough.

(And am I the only one who thought "it's Spandex!" when they first saw the title?)

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I dated a guy a couple years ago, and I swear, every guy who wasn't him or his friends that was between 17 and 24 in that town had his collar up. I felt like I was trapped in no-man's land. VERY weird.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

An old "Fad"

11. Flipped up collars? PUH-leaZZe.

I've been trying to bring back pegged pants and deck shoes.

Coolest look EVER.

12. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Yeah. All the old cats around a course I used to frequent wear their collars up. They're not trying to be cool. They're trying to stay alive.

Draft saved Draft deleted