1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A dilemma

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by incognito, Dec 20, 2006.

1. incognito

incognito Guest

Some good points made about my incognito-ness being un-incognitoed, so I'm going to get rid of this.

Never mind. SJ gods, feel free to delete this thread.

2. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

You have an ethics hotline?

3. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

You work for Mitch Albom?

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

Once again, a newbie posts a "dilemma" dealing with his boss' ethics, ask for suggestions/comments, then splits before he gets any feedback.

Just another bullshit scenario.

5. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

Email John Carroll, Harvard University’s John F. Kennedy School of Government.
    Ask that he email or snail mail the editor and publisher (and, if it is a chain, the CEO).
    John will do it. That's if you're really interested in a result.

6. leo1

leo1 Active Member

ok, not to disparage all these poor saps who have fucked up bosses, but when are people going to realize that just because your boss does something unethical, bad or is an a-hole doesn't mean you can get him fired. and if you do report your boss, expect your career to be doomed.

life sucks. bosses can be assholes and do shitty things. until you're the boss - and unless the boss is doing something illegal or abusing you - you just live with it until you can get a new job.

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

And I suspect a boss who logs on here will find you "incognito" no more. "Hey, this wad is talking about ME!"

8. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

You want to nail your boss. The next time he pulls a stunt like this, add a dateline to his column.

Not just any dateline, mind you. This one:

SE's Couch, CITY, ST --

Draft saved Draft deleted