1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Continuous Journey: 2024 NFL Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by outofplace, Feb 12, 2024.

1. da man

da man Well-Known Member

The growing Hispanic population has surely bolstered the number of Catholics in the U.S.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

There is a trend among Hispanics, especially in Central America itself, away from Catholicism into evangelical Protestantism. Like many such trends in society at large, I have read about it happening but haven't seen much about large scale data.

3. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Much of the growth in Catholicism is in South America and Africa. Some clergy are coming from those places to fill gaps.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I always thought the Raider ownership thing was an "out" for Brady's Fox deal if his practice games off simulators didn't go well. I still don't know how this is resolved. A chunk of an NFL team at a discount vs. travelling across the country every week for five months straight (he's not going to be doing any Bucs games I'm sure).
    So now he's been officially introduced as part of the Fox team and his deal with the Raiders is in limbo.
    It's still crazy to me Fox paid him $375m over 10 years. He's a salesman now, selling the NFL to advertisers - how many extra ad buys will happen because of him?

Report: Vote on Tom Brady's partial purchase of Raiders is "doubtful" at this week's meetings

5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

no wonder he got demoted

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Why wouldn't NBC or CBS snap him up? Collinsworth's got to be ready to retire and an improvement on Romo would be helpful. I have to believe Olsen's agent was smart enough to have an escape clause built into the contract. Everybody knew the world would be after Brady when he retired.

7. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Isn’t he involved with some youth sports organization now? I thought he was doing a podcast, or some such.

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Is there a no. 1 spot open for him?

9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

No, there isn't. And CBS owes millions and years to Romo. Collinsworth isn't going anywhere until he does another Super Bowl, which is February 2026. Unless Sam Flood sends him packing like he did Uncle Al.

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

11. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Plus you know he's gonna try to get his kid to be his replacement

12. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Draft's gonna be in Pittsburgh next year. I live 15 minutes from Heinz.

Draft saved Draft deleted