1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Continuous Journey: 2024 NFL Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by outofplace, Feb 12, 2024.

1. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Last edited: May 7, 2024
  2. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

Each team needs to identify the player(s) that need to be offered team-sponsored six-month vacations on remote islands during the offseason. Clearly Rice has a lot of shit going on in Dallas that he needs to get the fuck away from.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I was looking into the Falcons draft history, to see which QB they obviously whiffed on passing on while Matt Ryan still had tread on his tire - I mean the last three qbs they drafted before Penix were Desmond Ritter in the third AFTER Ryan left (the top qb drafted that year was Kenny Pickett), Matt Ryan and Michael Vick. So I can understand why they were hesitant to pass on Penix. When they've been in a position to draft a top qb (which hasn't been often since Ryan had them competitive during most of his time there), the qb class was week.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

6. HappyCurmudgeon

''

Obviously this will bring a very solid windfall into the NFL offshore bank accounts, and more people than not deal in streamers these days. But I'm a little surprised that the NFL is going to let the NBA off that easy. Last year they basically grabbed the NBA by the nuts and told them to like it. This year they have decided to give back that national TV space. The season of giving indeed.

Octave likes this.
  7. HappyCurmudgeon

I give Goff credit, he proved me wrong. I thought he was headed down a path of bottom-third mediocrity once the Rams dumped him. Good for him and good for Detroit.

Liut likes this.
  8. HappyCurmudgeon

No surprise here. Bucs had to do whatever it took to keep him.

9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Full schedule comes out Wednesday night.

Ravens at Chiefs announced as the Thursday night opener.

10. DanOregon

Remember when Goff went to the Lions and people figured they were just going to "eat" the contract he signed in LA?

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Maybe it's because Christmas is on a Wednesday and they didn't want to screw with that many teams' schedules? It's on Thursday next year and I'd fully expect them to go back to three games.

12. DanOregon

Draft saved Draft deleted