1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A conservative magazine vs social media

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Alma, Jan 22, 2016.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

We've noticed that a lot about you lately.

2. old_tony

You're the one who has spent the last two pages whining about the fact that certain people are allowed to run for president. Now you're blaming it on National Review. If you don't agree with them, then don't hold them up as support of your argument.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

This is very simple:

1. The National Review said that candidates shouldn't view the presidency as an entry-level position.

2. The National Review then said that this has become a problem in both parties.

So, it follows: Which Democratic candidates have treated the presidency as an entry-level position?

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The scary part is I think here you aren't trolling and that is actually the basis of the discussion.

5. old_tony

Actually, the problem I am having with the discussion is that people who would never, ever give credence to something in National Review are suddenly treating it as a Bible.

The folks at NR -- and Dick -- seem to have a big problem with the voters having choices other than lifetime, fuck-up politicians. I happen to think it's good to have the choice. Let the voters decide. What are they afraid of?

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Yeah. You are actually misunderstanding the entire discussion. No biggie though.

cranberry likes this.
  7. Dick Whitman

You're so stupid. I could give a fuck less who runs, as far as this conversation goes. I just want to know which Democrats ran in recent primaries who treated the presidency as an "entry-level" government position. The National Review views this as an equal problem in both parties. Who are the Democrats? That's all I want to know.

8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

With that margin of error, that poll is meaningless.

9. Dick Whitman

It's not meaningless to go from +18 up to +8 down.

10. Dick Whitman

She's a terrible, terrible candidate, and the Democratic party has put all of its eggs in her basket for eight years and counting. Terrible. Political science books will be written about this shitshow.

11. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

That margin of error makes the poll statistically meaningless. If it was 3 percent to maybe 4 percent, then, yeah, it would be relevant, but not at 6 percent.

12. Dick Whitman

At worst, he's +2.

At best, previously, he was -12.

SFIND likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted