1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A clipboard and a confident wave will get you into any building in the world...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Jake_Taylor, Mar 19, 2014.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

My brother and I went to the Final Four in New Orleans in 1987. After sitting a mile away in the upper deck for the first semi, my brother had a great idea. We each bought a 'lanyard' or tag from some teens selling cokes around the Superdome. I was in the bowels of the stadium between semis and walked right by Jerry Tarkanian. Watched the second game in two empty seats on the floor.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Hah I did the same thing. When we could not tell the difference between Billy Donavan and Freddy
    Banks it was time to move. Easily found great seats in lower level both nights. On Monday night ended up sitting right next to Vinnie Testeverde . Superdome had little supervision.

What I've done now is buy a bunch of those folding time out seats that teams use in
    multiple colors I bring seat with me in correct team color and just sit right behind team bench
    when there is a TO I bring the seat out to the court. You have to pay close attention as
    sometimes coach does not want the seats.

3. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Since it's the Greensboro Coliseum, doesn't surprise me.

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

A buddy of mine had a Yankees replica warm-up jacket and hat and claimed he actually made it past security and into the clubhouse during a spring training game once in the early-80s before legendary clubhouse man Pete Sheehy threw him out.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I've walked into visitiing stadiums and made it all the way up to the press box without realizing I wasn't wearing my credentials and they were in my bag. I had that happen at a playoff game in Philly and once in Nashville. I think if you look the part and walk in with others and look like you know what you're doing, they're less likely to stop you.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Sounds like why I stopped wearing light blue shirts when covering high school baseball and softball out of town. Rushed up to the gate before one game and was told "No, the JV field's that way." They thought I was an umpire.

Draft saved Draft deleted