1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Christmas Story

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spnited, Dec 24, 2007.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

It had to be done. ...

My family has always watched this. In fact, one of my favorite memories of the holiday happened a few years back. When my sister moved off to college, I stole her room like the 13-year-old prick I was. When she came home from school, we shared the room. We fell asleep watching A Christmas Story, when Ralphie was beating up Scut Farkus. My brother came down in the morning to wake us up and the television was still on TNT, which used to air the marathon. I opened my eyes and reached over to her bed and smacked the mattress. Ralphie was beating the shit out of Scut Farkus. We still talk about it every year, 10 years later.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

You'll enjoy it, sir. It's not the greatest movie in the world -- and it's dated quite a bit -- but it's good for a few chuckles.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

In that case, dreunc,
    NYUK, NYUK, NYUK
    and
    woo-woo-woo-woo

Merry Christmass

4. Colton

Colton Active Member

Such a wonderful story and film... why is it so much better to watch when it's on 24 hours straight on the TV as opposed to just popping in the DVD?

I don't know the answer... it just is.

Merry Christmas, everyone.

5. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

One of my favorite lines: "I'm Hassen ben Sober" Curly: "Oh, I've had a few too many myself." And Merry Xmas to you spnited. Anyone that gets the stamp of approval from BYH is good in my book.

6. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Yes, I'm sure it was Fra-Gee-Lee.

Remember, there are few things better than the soft glow of electric sex. ;D

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I still have not seen this entire movie, start to finish.

I think I watched a good deal of it last year between a couple showings, with a nap thrown in somewhere there for good measure.

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I'm going to watch the whole thing when I go home tonight, while I open my presents, pull Stan out of the tree 50,000 times and eat chocolate.

9. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

I think the very best part of the movie is right between the commercials where Ralphie's friend gets his arm twisted to say "uncle," Ralphie kicks the snot out of Farkas and he sees Santa. Possibly the greatest commercial-to-commercial part in movie-to-television history.

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

"The Scut Farkas incident, as it became known"

11. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Fragile -- must be French.

12. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Italian.

Draft saved Draft deleted