1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Celebration of Hines Ward

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cousin Jeffrey, Oct 21, 2008.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That's the thing. They already did take one cheap shot at him, the hit after his touchdown catch, which was very late. If anything, Ward is the one who should be pissed. He took a blatant late hit. His block on Rivers was absolutely clean.

2. prezclinton

prezclinton Active Member

The Bengals only make dirty plays off the field.

3. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Little by little, Steelers fans are taking over SportsJournalists.com.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Just like stadiums for Steelers road games. Maybe I should start a thread about Troy Polamalu's latest concussion or the surgery on Bryant McFadden's arm.

:D

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Hines Ward plays hard. I cannot think of one team that would not want him.

6. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

I have no problem with Hine's play. You keep your head on a swivel until the end of the whistle. My most brutal layout was when some clown watched a punt roll on the ground instead of looking in front of him. He deserved to be knocked out for his lack of awareness.

it happens often on the football field. Hines just takes advantage of it.

7. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

I don't think he's a dirty player, just very physical. I'd love to have him blocking for me. Rarely does he go over the line. Rivers should have had his head on a swivel.

Stupid rookie.

Of course, he's also one of my all-time favorite players, so I may be biased! But still.

8. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I love watching Hines Ward play football.

I love watching wide receivers deliver big blocks, because so many of the prima donnas won't do it. There's a receiver on my beat who weighs about 175 pounds and blocks the holy hell out of people. He'll pancake a linebacker. It's fun to watch. He's known by fans and most media as a productive pass-catcher, but three coaches the past two years have raved about the way he blocks.

That guy could start for any college team I coached, and Ward could start for any NFL team I coached. Those guys are valuable players.

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Don't you know about the double standards by now?

10. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

And I don't care what any fanboi says. Ward is not a dirty player.

And that hit Sunday was just jaw-droppingly, amazingly awesome.

11. Notepad

Notepad Member

Do safeties take it easy on him when Ward goes across the middle?
    I don't think so.

So what the hell is wrong with him laying someone out? Why is it not OK for an offensive guy to deliver hits we regularly see defensive guys dish out?

12. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

It would be amusing to see how long the site would last if that were directed toward . . .

Aw, hell.

Why the F$#% do I bother? Society accepts some forms of racism, but brings out the righteous indignation for others.

Oh, and Hines Ward is a hell of a football player.

Draft saved Draft deleted