1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A - Bombs

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Jun 16, 2006.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

For the last month given all the Yankee injuries it would have been perfect time For A-Rod to step up and carry the team. The Yankees are tied for first but A Rod had done almost nothing.

Yesterday was typical A-Rod day - Yankees losing 6- 1 - A rod hits HR.

Later in game 6-3 with 1 out and men on 2/3rd/ -- A Rod strikes out.

A - Rod deserves every boo that he gets. He has proven time and time again taht he cannot hit in big spot

2. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Like Milton Bradley said in SI, I'd happily get booed daily for $25 million.

3. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

A-Rod is just not a winner and he's not a guy who comes through in the clutch. He's the opposite of clutch. For a team like the Yankees, which goes in to every season expecting to play in the World Series, he's a liability.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yeah, .321 BA, 48 HR, 130 RBI.

He sucks. Cut him immediately.

5. Gold

Gold Active Member

A - Rod was the MVP last year and he's been a Gold Glove 3B. yes, he tends to press too much and no, he hasn't had as many clutch hits as Derek Jeter.

But they guy is a top home run hitter and he will produce - it's a slump and they always end.

things are going to be tougher because Matsui and Sheffield are out, and it will be easier to pitch around ARod, but he will adjust.

Relax, Boom.

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I get pretty tired of this logic. The problem with saying ARod only homers or does something good is when it doesn't matter is a slippery slope. How do you decide when it matters? The Yankees wouldn't have had the situation in the eighth inning if ARod wouldn't have hit his "meaningless" home run in the seventh.
    Is he supposed to do not homer when the Yankees are losing? The man is in a Catch-22, if he does something good he is accused of being anti-clutch because of when he does it. If he does something bad then he is again labelled anti-clutch.
    Everyone wants to blame ARod for the Yankees getting eliminated in the ALDS last year, but really it was more of Randy Johnson's inability to pitch in that series than ARod struggling at the plate. Also, it isn't like Matsui or Sheffield have done a damn thing in the postseason since Game 3 of the 2004 ALCS either.
    Yankees fans, and I am one of them, need to shut the fuck up and stop blaming everything on ARod. It is ridiculous that they booed Jeter and Rivera last year and it is ridiculous that they are booing the best player in baseball this year. Stop demanding so much and realize the dynasty is over and the rest of the league has caught up.
    In fact, if Yankees fans want to boo anyone they should boo Steinbrenner for gutting our farm system and ruining the dynasty.

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Do you work for the Yankees?

8. fleishman

fleishman Active Member

um the yankees have 10 guys that were produced from their system currently on the active roster - jeter, rivera, posada, williams, cano, wang, phillips, cabrera, thompson and matt smith.

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

That's not the point. The point I was attempting to make was trading for Kevin Brown, Johnson and others has depleted the system. And while there are a ton of guys on the roster that were produced in the Yankees system, the overall system is not that good because of bad trades.
    And yes, I do work for the Yankees. I am apart of their PR department, can't you tell?

10. fleishman

fleishman Active Member

fair enough, but i think the system is getting a little better and the yankees have resisted urges to make prospect for veteran deals more often than they did in the past.

11. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

How much of it is resistance and how much is it that other organizations just aren't interested in any Yankee minor leaguer not named Phillip Hughes?

12. Chef

Chef Active Member

Screw A-Rod

Bring back Mike Pagliarulo

Draft saved Draft deleted