1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A bit of weather

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rambler, Aug 23, 2007.

1. Rambler

Rambler Member

Everyone in Chicago okay? The storm that just blew through here was as bad as I've seen.

80 m.p.h. winds, torrential rains...And it all lasted around 25 minutes.

Seemed like Hurricane Dean made a beeline for the city.

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I'm enjoying just a little bit of time off and it's done nothing but piss all week. I can't even get my lawn mowed.

3. pallister

pallister Guest

Just called my parents; they're sitting in the dark with the electricity out. A storm like that gets even scarier when you live on the fourth floor. Can't imagine what those winds were like for people working/living in high rises.

4. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Here in Southern Indiana, there's been no need to mow the yard the past month.

25 straight days of 90+ weather and only enough rain to fill a bedpan.

I took the weedeater out the other night and trimmed around the house, and damn near wept at what's happened to my yard.

5. Rambler

Rambler Member

They made us move away from the windows. First time in all my years here that's happened.

We had a report someone was blown off the EL platform onto the third rail. Dead. Never a good way to go, but that is certainly a bad way.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Shit I thought it was Hell that's supposed to freeze over when the Cubs are in first.

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Are you Viggo Mortenson?

Draft saved Draft deleted