1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A biopic you're hoping to see (and the actor)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

Awesome!! I even have an actor in mind......

[​IMG]

Starring White Goodman as Elvis Presley.

2. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Well, he has already proven he can sing with that stirring rendition of "My Humps".

3. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

Emmanuel Lewis as Little Stevie Wonder!

4. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I find musicians, especially those who create greatness in spite of (although often because of) all their demons, to be the most fascinating people. Not interested in the poster children, though — Hendrix, Morrison, Joplin. However, I would love to see a movie about Phil Lynott, lead singer of Thin Lizzy. Greatest songwriter in rock 'n' roll. And I'll gladly argue that point. As for the actor, I have no idea.

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I know Bill Murray bought the rights to "Veeck ... As In Wreck" years ago with the idea of starring in it himself. But for whatever reason the project never got off the ground. Veeck was a helluva of a showman and innovator, but his teams never really won anything, so maybe that's the reason it never happened --- there'd be no climax.

And wasn't Terrence Howard attached to a biopic of Charlie Pride at some point?

6. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Perhaps. Let's check Don Cheadle's schedule and see if he's scheduled to take it over.

7. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Well, he did own the Indians in 1948 and the White Sox in 1959.

Too bad he never got to give his Hall of Fame speech, though.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

One reason Murray's "Veeck" project never got going could be that Murray was supposedly hot to make the film in the late '90s and early '00's, when his career was in semi-twilight, so he wasn't in a lot of demand for big-money pictures. Then he hit with "Lost in Translation" and went back to the A-list, and a Veeck movie went on the side burner.

Now, he's too old to play Veeck, unless the film focused almost entirely on his later stint with the White Sox, 1975-81.

Although I think Will Ferrell is completely played out in goofy sports comedies, I think he could be good as Veeck -- if he resisted the temptation to play the role as just another Will Ferrell schtick.

9. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Always wanted to see an Edgar Allan Poe biopic.

And before I clicked "Post" on this item, I googled a Poe movie and it appears two bios are in the works and another re-imagining of the "Tell-Tale Heart"

-- Viggo Mortensen is rumored for "Poe," a Sylvester Stallone film.

-- "The Raven" by James McTeigue (V for Vendetta) is about Poe's final days. No actor attached.

10. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I would definitely watch a Poe biopic. Always found his life fascinating.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I'm suprised a big-budget Poe movie hasn't already been made -- either Depp or Downey would have been naturals in the role.

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Yep. And Adrien Brody might work as well ...

Draft saved Draft deleted