1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A big thank you: Guy who fixed my iPod

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Satchel Pooch, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

I took a flyer on some guy in New England I found online who fixes iPods. It broke recently and I'm going on a trip next week so I wanted it turned around quickly.

He did it quickly (a week from my door to my door) and cheaply ... $65 for a mainboard (my computer couldn't read my iPod, so I couldn't put new songs on it) when one usually costs $100 or so to fix.

I've been really unhappy with a lot of stores and companies recently, so it feels good to acknowledge someone when he does a good job.

2. Jones

Jones Active Member

You know, so many people and services are shit these days, when someone does right by you, it really stands out.

Just last night, my wife and I ordered Chinese food from this chain up here called Ho Lee Chow. This is not gourmet. But we actually commented, that in all the time we've ordered from them, they have never, not once, fucked it up.

It's sad, though, that we were both so happy about that. It should be the norm.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Holy Chow? Is it a parody of a Chinese restaurant?

4. ... and shouldn't it be Ho Ree Chow?

[/Not racist, that's how they talk on TV - Michael Scott]

Draft saved Draft deleted