1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A big sj welcome to...um...Douglas?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dooley_womack1, Aug 18, 2006.

1. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Thanks for helping out Douglas.

Just don't delete any threads with the title:

Nutt chooses Johnson over Dick.

2. Flash

Flash Guest

Of course, he may also purge any started by COCKDIAN, too ...

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Hi, Vermont Governor Douglas. What kind of help can you promise to Eastern Vermonters?

Wrong Douglas? Oops.

Welcome to the SJ madness!

Can you unlock the Charlie Brown thread, Charlie Brown? ;D

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

So Douglas is part of the group that puts out the forum software?

Good. He would indeed know his shit.

Douglas ... Could you give the SMF web server a quick kick? It appears to be ... well, I think "slow" is the word I'm looking for. :D

5. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Welcome aboard, Douglas. Glad to have an extra set of eyes and, more importantly, a good brain minding the shop.

6. Douglas

Douglas Member

Aye, that'd be me.

Run for your lives. RUN, FORREST, RUN!

Actually, it's not the server that's causing the problem, believe it or not, it's the latest development version that's causing it. We're trying to track the issue down now, and are getting closer. BTW, there's only two sites that are running the newest (when I say newest, I mean fresh out of the box special Development Edition) edition of SMF... SMF is one of the sites, I'm the webmaster/tech admin of the other one.

Oh yeah... before I forget... GO HOGS!

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Yes. Some of the current set of caretakers are too busy obsessing about gophers ;)

and good to read this "Oh yeah... before I forget... GO HOGS!"
    We can never have enough fan-boys here...

please don't nuke me

8. Songbird

2006 opener: USC 57, Arkanas 3 ;D

9. Douglas

Douglas Member

Keep dreaming, Songbird.  :p  The 'Backs could very well lose this game, but it sure ain't gonna be a blowout like it was last year.  The Hogs are at home, and the natives are restless.  We'll be popping the condoms and spoiling the fun all day long.

If ANY of y'all are in the area, make SURE you stop by Hogville's Tailgate Central.  I'll be there, just look for anyone wearing a "Hogville.net Staff" (on the back) shirt with our usernames on the front and you'll find us.  :)  Oh, and for the record, the owner of Hogville is ALSO a member here.

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

It may be a Hog loss but it won't be that bad.

I remember when Jimmy Johnson brought Miami to LR and administered a 51-7 whipping. The next year Arkansas went down to the Orange Bowl and would've beat the Canes if Atwater hadn't dropped an interception in the end zone. Fuckin' Atwater.

11. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Careful. You better read the OUTING post at the top of the Anything Goes page.

12. Songbird

Is this considered a "life sport" for the Mountain Home sports writer? Cuz the top school in the history of NCAA football (read: USC bias) making a trip to Arkansas is a pretty sweet day in the life for Arkansas'ins.

Is that the right term for a native of Arkansas? Is Erik Estrada a native? Why does he keep peddling land there?

Draft saved Draft deleted