1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Belated RIP:"AYBS?"'s Trevor Bannister

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BNWriter, Nov 2, 2011.

1. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/2011/apr/16/trevor-bannister-served-lucas-dies

When I first saw this, I thought I read it wrong. For those of us who loved the British sitcom "Are You Being Served?' just wanted to pass this along. Sorry it is so late, and I did not see it anywhere else on the board.

He seemed like a very nice man and he was a fine actor. RIP

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Wow, what a blast from the past. Remember watching that show with the old man on Saturday nights on our local PBS station. Loads of memorable characters, I used to laugh like hell at Mr. Humphries and Miss Brahms wore some seriously short skirts back in the day. Had no idea both of them had also passed.

RIP to all....

3. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Captain Peacock and Mister Rumbold are the only members of the original cast still living.

My favorite pickup line is "Dear Sexy Knickers, I don't half fancy you."

4. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

I think Mike Berry, who played Mr. Spooner (who replaced Bannister after he left the show) is the other member of the cast who is still alive. Hard to believe Frank Thornton (Capt. Peacock) is 90!!

Draft saved Draft deleted