1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A bad week for broadcasters and cancer: Now Jeanne Zelasko

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ondeadline, Dec 22, 2007.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Wow.

I know some people can't stand her, but I've always enjoyed what she brings to broadcasts.

2. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Go for the surgery and save yourself for baseball season.

Sheesh. On top of having a baby not so long ago. My thoughts and prayers to you.

3. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Here's a get-well sentiment to one of the good people in sportscasting. Her husband, Curt Sandoval, is the weekend sports anchor on the ABC O&O here in LA and is a genuinely good guy as well.

Damn, I hate hearing stuff like this and I've been hearing way too much of it of late. One of the fathers on my son's tournament soccer team -- one of the class families in our region -- was just admitted to UCLA with a brain tumor.

I'm going to vent about this on another thread. This isn't the place.

4. markvid

markvid Guest

That's just awful...
    Like Stuart, she'll be with us for a long, long time.

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Jeanne looks quite good today.

Sure hope all goes well.

6. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Well, she enjoys her work.
    The exuberance she sometimes shows rubs hardest on people who are jealous of her fortunate vocational position.
    She's hired and placed in that seat to bring emotion to the telecast. She does her job.
    Good luck to her and it's situations like these that might allow us all to be a little less jaded and judgemental of on-air talent here on the board.
    I shouldn't ride Pam Ward as hard.

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

a) I really, really hope she is fine.

b) No, won't be any less judgmental of on-air talent.

Draft saved Draft deleted