1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

9mm brand/model of choice

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Stretch15, May 3, 2007.

?

Which brand of 9mm would you recommend

1. Glock

6 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. Sig Sauer

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  3. Beretta

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  4. Springfield

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. S&W

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Desert Eagle

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  7. Other

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  1. KG

KG Active Member

I love the glock myself. I don't own one yet but I have my targets (from when I've rented a glock at a range) proudly hanging in the garage. ;D ;D ;D

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Hang on the board long enough, other targets will manifest themselves. ;)

3. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

In case of pesky neighbors, might I recommend:

[​IMG]

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Speaking of firepower, I spent my day training with the soldiers on how to load these:

Hellfire
    [​IMG]

2.75 inch air-to-surface missiles
    [​IMG]

And, got a little stick time in the OH-58D for my efforts.

As for my jockeying. Once the bird's in the air, I can handle it. Hovering, not so much.

5. kleeda

kleeda Active Member

I am fond of the Walther P99 AS. I have a 1911 that rattles like a knight in armor, but it will spin a man around if it so much as catches a pinkie.

That said, I won't have a gun in my house until my children are old enough to know about and respect them. Maybe another 15 years. That means my youngest will be 18 and gone. Besides, I don't really need one for the mean streets of Avon, CT.

I have seven firearms in all, all but one of them specifically for hunting. They are all in the gun safe at my parent's house. You know, I guess me and my brother have to figure out how to split up my dad's guns. maybe I have 12 or so now. I really want that Walther P38 Luftwaffe officer's model.

Sorry, JR and others.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Hey, you don't have to apologize to me.

There's just a disconnect here and I find it interesting.

I can tell you that the gun thing is an example of how Americans and Canadians live on different cultural planets

7. kleeda

kleeda Active Member

I'm from Texas. It's a whole other country.
    I've never shot a man, but I've seen it done. Pig rustler. I kid you not.

Anyhoo. Like the Walther P99 AS a lot. Can probably get one for around $600.

8. I've had a gun pulled on me while I was doing my job. Welcome to the South.

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

That isn't true. There are millions of Americans who don't want anything at all to do with guns. There are all kinds of blood-thirsty Canadians from whom Rambo might take killing lessons. And there are millions more from both countries whose feelings fall somewhere in the middle of the two extremes.

10. KG

KG Active Member

It's an old as hell story but they still haven't changed the "law" in Kennesaw, Ga. that says every resident is required to own a hand gun.

11. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Yes, clearly a Southern problem.

I've been mugged more in Yankee cities (2) than I ever have in the South (0).

12. Well, this guy was clearly a Southern "gentleman" ... Confederate flag T-shirt and everything.

Draft saved Draft deleted