1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

96 Arrested for drugs at SDSU

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by D-3 Fan, May 6, 2008.

1. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Forgive me if I'm D_Bing, but I'm watching online the presser in San Diego on a big drug bust on the SDSU campus, in which 96 were arrested. About 25 of them were not students.

This is some messed up shit to listen to.

2. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

But, remember, athletes are the only problematic students on any college campus.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

25 non-students?

On campus, right?

Drug dealers?

I know you have a few kids selling out the dorm room at every school, but guns?

"Why would I want to send my kid there?"

You probably should close the school down right now.

4. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Any athletes?

Steve Fisher? Tony Gwynn?

5. D-3 Fan

No word if athletes were involved, but it did include an entire fraternity. The undercover operation was initiated last year after the death of a co-ed from an overdose of alcohol and cocaine. During the operation, another student died of the same thing three months ago.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/16175620/detail.html?dl=mainclick

6. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

At least they didn't get arrested for human sacrifices.

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Yet.

8. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

True. I did hear something about 2008 being the year of the Aztek.

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

OK, this is funny.

According to prosecutors, one of the students arrested was a cocaine dealer on campus who was one month away from obtaining his master's degree in Homeland Security and also worked as a student Community Service Officer on campus, reporting to the campus police.

You can get a MA in Homeland Security? I thought they hired graduates of Dairy Queen U.

And he was a campus security guard and a cocaine dealer?

Guy'll go far.

10. D-3 Fan

There's another one they arrested who was going to get a BA in criminal justice.

Glad to see SDSU crank out some rogue cops. They'll fit perfectly in New Orleans or up in L.A. with the rest of the crooked, trigger-happy bad cops.

11. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Nah, with this kind of experience, they are headed for a higher calling.

CIA material, for sure.

12. If cops used the same type of drug-enforcement efforts on college campuses that they use in poor communities, you'd see headlines like this every day. I'm talking tens of thousands of arrests. (EDIT: not that I'm advocating that, per se, but it would bring our so-called "drug war" home to white America a little more vividly)

Draft saved Draft deleted