1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

93rd PGA Championship

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by trifectarich, Aug 10, 2011.

1. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

OMG. Four holes to end his front nine and four holes to start his second nine — triple, bogey, double, double, par, bogey, double, double.

Two double-doubles: good at In 'n Out, not so good at a major.

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Daly, John.

3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Tiger's closing in on Valdosta! You can do it! ;D

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Tiger shot the same score as the local PGA club pro I wrote about this week. I think both were hoping for better first rounds.

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Yeah, but he's THIS CLOSE!

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Yep, and so are about 100 other guys.

This is probably blasphemy, but Nicklaus was really "Just another guy" when he won the Masters in 1986 and had not been dominant really since 1977 (duel at Turnberry with Watson.) So at least Tiger's got that possibly going for him.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I don't see how a guy who has done as much damage as Tiger has done to his left knee by using it as a shock absorber WHILE walking 8,000 yards a day can ever get back to being' "The Tiger of old." That Goddam knee's had surgery now, what, three times?

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Good Lord;

Your top 3 atop the leaderboard (currently)

Steve Stricker
    Jerry Kelly
    Scott Verplank

Boys; this just goes to show that it's not how far you hit it off the tee.

9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Come on, its not like he's jumping 48" all day, every day, he's golfing. I love golf but even I know its nothing like playing hoops (I've got arthritic knees which my doc says are 25 years older than I am and I've played with hurting knees).

10. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

Rors has hurt his wrist, hitting off a root. Looks like a WD is imminent.

rb

11. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

He shouldn't apologize at all. Why should he? He knew Tiger is what Tiger is. And Tiger turned on him like the Mr. Freeze with an ice spray getting ready freeze Batman and Robin.

He is douche, but I enjoy it when a douche is calling out a bigger douche. Makes enteraining theater.

12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

If you knew anything about the golf swing you'd know what Tiger does by swinging as hard as hard as he does and "snapping" his knee puts a lot of torque on that knee, which is why it's needed as many surgeries as it has. How many other golfers have you heard of needing three knee surgeries? Better yet, three knee surgeries in about six years. Three surgeries, six years and he doesn't play a contact sport. Wrist surgery? yeah. Shoulder surgery? Yup. Back? Absolutely. Knee? It's unheard of.

Draft saved Draft deleted