1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

9 dead soldiers ... in Afghanistan

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Lamar Mundane, Jul 13, 2008.

1. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

Good work W.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/07/13/AR2008071300292.html?hpid=topnews

I'm sure this is all the left's fault. But, McCain will sort this out by bomb,bomb,bombing Iran or killing the IRanians through cigarette exports.

KUNDUZ, Afghanistan, July 13 -- Nine U.S. soldiers were killed and 19 Afghan and NATO troops injured in heavy fighting Sunday at a military base in eastern Afghanistan near the Pakistani border, according to a Western official. The attack was the deadliest against U.S. forces in the country since 2003.

2. pallister

pallister Guest

Nice you can explot these soldiers' deaths for another whiny political thread. Asshole.

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I thought the left template is we're supposed to be in Afghanistan. Are you now saying we have no business there, Lamar? Better check with Obama's handlers first.

4. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Maybe we'd be leaving Afghanistan by now if we hadn't committed most of the resources to Iraq.

5. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I never thought I'd say this but --- I sure miss having Fenian Bastard around.

And so apparanlty does the liberal mafia by the obvious lack of creativity and knowledge coming from that side of the aisle around here any more. I mean it is like watching a rudderless ship that has sprung a hole and is circle endlessly while sinking to the bottom of the ocean any more......

I mean, aren't you the people who are always whining because we aren't fighting in Afghanistan where Bin Laden is hiding?

So this should be a positive sign -- heck at least we're on the right path now!!!!!

6. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Can it please be November already? Pretty please?

7. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

I'm counting down the days.

If for no other reason than all the campaign BS will be over.

8. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

We should never have shifted the focus off Afghanistan. W took his eye off the ball and began talking about mushroom clouds, yellow cake and WMD in Iraq.

Who else is to blame for this failure? I'm the bad guy for lamenting the needless loss of another 9 soldiers because W took us into Iraq. Sorry, that's on him.

But, the right said 'hey we can fight two fronts and still win."

if by winning you mean allowing Afghanistan to reclaim its title as world's opium supplier and having to redeploy troops - then, yes we won.

The left, right, middle and independents were all behind the war in Afghanistan, some of us just wanted to put down the Taliban, kill Bin Laden and ensure the Afghans could take care of their own country as a solid ally in the region.

Mission accomplished.

9. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Um -- what is your position within the Obama campaign?

I mean, you keep having these fictional arguments with people on the right -- as far as I can tell nobody on these threads has ever said we can fight this war on terror on two fronts. And further, you'd be hard pressed to find many people on these threads -- conservatives included -- who think the war going on in Iraq is a good idea.

10. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Arghh. Enough of these threads already. Can't we all agree on something. Like hating the Red Sox is fun.

11. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I miss the days of the single political thread. Now everyone apparently needs to starts three threads an hour to whine about Bush, McCain or Obama.

12. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

Or people whining on posts about others whining.

::)

Draft saved Draft deleted