1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

9/11 conspiracy theories

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Re: 9/11: Real or fake?

I call bullshit on that.

2. Simon_Cowbell

Totally agree.

3. Simon_Cowbell

No one thought planes would be flown into buildings.

Without that reality, hijackings were really no big deal.

4. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Earlier this year, we canceled hundreds of flights every day because fasteners holding some wiring were an inch and a quarter apart instead of an inch. The airlines could have recouped every dime of the costs to reinforce cockpit doors by adding five bucks to every fare for 90 days.

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Simon, you can call whatever the fuck you want.

And CI, I personally wasn't saying there was no live footage. The site I read last night said that.

6. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Any knowledge or event that 99.9 percent of the world accepts as fact, there will always be the 1 percent who denies it. Human nature.

Contrariness is an epidemic, unfortunately.

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Bullshit ... the president never gets briefed on "chatter." If the president is being briefed on it, you can bet it's a legitimate threat. In fact, it was Bush who requested the PDB regarding the chances of Al Qaeda attacking on U.S. soil. What he received was the memo titled, "Bin Laden determined to attack in the U.S." that said Bin Laden was planning a series of hijackings. He was fairly warned about it.

Stopping the attacks entirely certainly would have been difficult and there are myriad reasons why they weren't that have nothing to do with Bush (American intelligence agencies not sharing info is one). But something as simple as making sure cockpit doors were locked and reinforced would have gone a long way toward preventing them.

I don't buy that they would have had to ground flights either. It's not as if every jet in an airline's fleet is constantly running flights. Reinforcing the doors would have caused a hiccup, at most, in service.

I've said before, I don't blame Bush for the attacks, only the sacks of shit that carried them out. I don't buy that he ever wanted Bin Laden to succeed in attacking the country.

I do, however, blame him for his incompetence in the office, both before and after the attacks, and for using the attacks to expand his own power and trample on our civil rights at every opportunity. That is unforgivable.

[/quote]

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

1 percent? Try more than half the people on the planet, if you believe this poll ...

http://in.reuters.com/article/worldNews/idINIndia-35417520080910

9. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Except for, at least, the screenwriters of this TV show from earlier that year:

http://killtown.911review.org/lonegunmen.html

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Why do you have to be so contrarian?

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Why does Chris Carter hate America?

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Why are you contrarian to my contrariness?

Draft saved Draft deleted