1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

9/11 conspiracy theories

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Sep 11, 2008.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Before we start, please do not jump down my throat about this. I'm not meaning to start any bullshit on here, just want a nice debate about the people out there who have tried to debunk 9/11.

And I didn't the other thread to turn ugly, as I'm sure this one will at some point, so please try and keep this as civil as possible or I'll have Moddy lock it.

I've read some things here in the last few hours about 9/11 being faked, but I don't buy it. People have said explosives were placed in the WTC and the plane crashing into the building was altered with "real time" software.

People have said because there is no "live" video of the planes hitting the WTC that it can't be real. Don't believe that, either, as I have a few friends who were in NYC on 9/11.

EDIT: Changed thread title, but I know it matters not now.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Re: 9/11: Real or fake?

[​IMG]

"Oh my darlin', oh my darlin', oh my darlin'! Release the hououounds!"

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

AAARRRRGGHHH why must their be conspiracy theorists for every thing human.

KYSW, I hope for your sake that you don't think this was a bunch of Hollywood graphics and explosives (outside of jet fuel). Thousands of people died, in New York, Washington and Pennsylvania. That cannot be faked.

The Holocaust was real. The moon landing was real. This was real. Period.

4. KYSportsWriter

Did you not read, man?

I said I didn't believe any of that stuff. Never have, never will.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You are at your creative best when you don't have to cover your football team

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Re: 9/11: Real or fake?

kysw, i don't care if it was "real" or "fake" -- all i know is that thousands of families suffered losses that day, and their pain is real enough for me.

7. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

OHHHH yeah, now I see it.

I just saw 9/11 and fake and got a little jumpy.

8. KYSportsWriter

Phew.

9. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I'd say something, but after starting the "Was Obama born in the USA" thread, it's probably best that I don't.

10. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

The 9/11 conspiracies have been thoroughly, thoroughly debunked, notably in a definitive documentary on Discovery. These people are lunatics -- their propaganda near the site makes me want to punch somebody. KY, you're a smart guy -- do a little bit of research and you'll see this is a non-starter.

At the least, ask yourself a few questions:

* The government is so thoroughly incompetent -- do you really think they could pull this off?

* There would have to be thousands of people involved in the "conspiracy" -- not one of them has, in the seven years hence, grown a conscience and/or decided to be a star by telling the truth? Not one of them?

11. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Bingo. Thank you ArnoldBabar.

12. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Stop using logic and common sense.

Draft saved Draft deleted