1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

9/11 conspiracy theories debunking

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportschick, Apr 5, 2008.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I know there was an article put out a coupla years back that debunked a bunch of the conspiracy theories, but I can't remember which magazine published it.

Anybody have a link or know who published it?

2. Popular Mechanics...
    http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/military_law/1227842.html?page=1

3. This obviously won't help you much, but I saw a show on either The History Channel or Discovery that did the same thing. It was very well done. It really made the Loose Change guys, who were on it, look pretty silly.

4. sportschick

Let's just say my boyfriend bought the loose change guys shit, hook, line and sinker.

I want to show him how full of crap loose change is, or we may not be able to continue to date. I have standards!

I bet I can google and find that show, Demo.

And thanks Mr. gamecock! I really appreciate it.

5. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

That should a deal-breaker. If you married him, he'd probably buy into every late-night TV moneymaking scheme.

6. Somebody has posted the show on YouTube.

7. Some people won't change their minds no matter what you show them to refute it. In fact, for conspiracy theorists, proof otherwise only serves to reinforce their view that "The Man" is holding things back. Look at the cult that has formed around the Kennedy assassination.

My brother-in-law is now a 9/11 conspiracy believer - Bush carried it out personally, yada, yada, yada.

Same guy that, every time he's over, asks me, "So you're part of the media. How often do you guys hold back, you know, the real story? You know, because of your backroom ties with the people in power? Like, how much of the story are we really getting compared to what you guys actually know?"

Drives me nucking futs.

I think I read somewhere that there are more people who believe in a 9/11 conspiracy than believe in evolution or something like that.

8. sportschick

If he doesn't change his mind, we're done. It's worth a try at the least.

9. For sure.

10. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Hey, you know what might help debunk the conspiracy theories? Take the guy to DC and show him the Pentagon, where you can see where the plane hit. Take him to the southern tip of Manhattan, where there's a giant fucking hole in the ground.

Cripes.

No offense to you, SC, but I hate the 9/11 conspiracy people. I might not agree with the Bush administration's handling of the war, but I'm fairly certain that they didn't okay the murder of thousands of Americans on the morning of September 11, 2001.

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

"Wellllllllll, OK . . . maybe it really was a terrorist attack that caught America off guard . . ."

". . . But at least we both know that men really didn't walk on the moon."

12. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Fixed.

Draft saved Draft deleted