1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

9/11 and Saudi Arabia

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Apr 14, 2016.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Lupica weighs in:

2. YankeeFan

Hillary won't even confirm whether or not she's read the 28 pages:

3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Why would she comment? That's a grenade with the pin pulled if she says (in so many words), Shit, yeah, I read it -- and the Saudis fucked us.

There's no political upside to answering that question either way.

4. YankeeFan

#leadership

old_tony, Mr. Sunshine and heyabbott like this.
  5. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Sure. But I wouldn't expect any of the other candidates to answer it, either.

6. YankeeFan

Why?

Of course the candidates who were able to read the pages, should tell us if they did read them. Was it worth it to them to take the time, and go through the hassle of reading them?

And, having read them would certainly inform your decision about whether to declassify them.

Hillary's answers are ridiculous. She tries to sound tough, saying Obama should take a "hard look" at declassifying the pages. What the hell does that mean?

And her unwillingness to even give an honest answer to whether she read the pages is discouraging.

7. YankeeFan

Doesn't look like the President is going to get tough with Saudis any time soon:

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Definitely let's play the game of posting GOP and Dem pictures of coziness with the Saudis. That will go far for you.

9. YankeeFan

I didn't choose/post the picture. The Hill chose the art to accompany their story.

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The Hill answers to you. Don't be coy.

11. YankeeFan

I've got to say, he does appear to be bowing his head as he shakes hands.

No one likes to bow his head like Obama.

12. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Question: Is it possible other countries could enact (and enforce) similar legislation to our detriment? Because we seem to kill a lot of people in a lot of other countries with a certain amount of regularity. All bad guys and accidents, of course, but still ...

Draft saved Draft deleted