1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

8-year-old girl dominating her Pop Warner league

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Nov 6, 2012.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

thanks.

I can go to work with a smile now.

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Lighten up. It brought me and the guys at the office about three minutes of fun to watch this little girl. We loved it.

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Same here.

I don't know when it became a thing to get all high and mighty about youth sports, but I like seeing a kid excel athletically.

I guess it would be better if they started a youth league to teach kids the best way to score drugs at the street corner.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

No doubt a lot of dismay from the youth soccer crowd who lost a top notch female athlete to football.

I'm really taken back by the poor defensive coaching in that league. DE's need to learn to contain and OLB's need to learn to replace if DE's are doubled. :)

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Did you notice near the end of the video that she seems to have tackling skills mastered.

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I wonder if her mom will make her quit?

7. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I was going to try a joke about Auburn needing her but I see I'm late.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I did. She hits like Ronnie Lott.

9. Diego Marquez

Diego Marquez Member

What's the line on her next game? If I throw her a grand to go buy dresses and Barbie dolls instead of showing up at the field, I could make a killing.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

So you didn't watch the election results roll in?

Hey, I'll be here all week ... on the politics thread!

11. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I saw a story that her dad had popped for agility drills and plyometrics. This girl has skills, but she's had training none of these kids have had, too.

Also, I wonder how long she'll last. If she really got 290 carries, they're going to burn her out before she's 11. And look at the hits she's taking 3 minutes in -- she's taking some serious shots.

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

???

Draft saved Draft deleted