1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

8 player trade between Pacers and Warriors

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by D-3 Fan, Jan 17, 2007.

1. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Is there anyone out there willing to send a good defensive 2-guard to Utah? The folks here are getting tired of seeing the Jazz allow 50-point nights to anyone with a jumper.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Yab?

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I think this trade sucks for my Pacers, but I'm glad the thug's outta town. I fucking hate what the Pacers have become.

4. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

I think the Pacers might have gotten the best potential player in Diogu, although he is an undersized 4 man.

Murphy's a 6-11 three-point shooter and Dunleavy is soft as Charmin. Oops, I almost typed Charmion out of habit.

Will there be enough basketballs to go around in Golden State once Richardson gets back? Him, Baron and Harrington...that's quite a collection of chuckers.

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

6. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Ladies and gentlemen, the Pacers' motivation for the trade!

In retrospect, trying to build a team on a foundation of Ron Artest and Stephen Jackson was not one of the generally unimpeachable Donnie Walsh's better ideas. Though it still ranks better than drafting George McCloud in hopes he could play point guard, and hiring Dick Versace as coach.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Are the Pacers completely blowing up this incarnation of the team? Do they look to deal O'Neal too and start completely from scratch?

8. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

No shit! He beat Michigan on that step-back 3-pointer in 2000... the house was roarin' that night!

9. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I have no idea. Murphy is signed until 2010-11 and holds a hefty cap hit. This makes no sense.

10. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

I've got to think the Pacers could get a pretty nice haul by trading O'Neal, contract and potential attitude problems aside.

11. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

If the Pacers wanted to blow it up and start from scratch, they would need expiring contracts. And they can't deal O'Neal now. He's pretty much all they've got now.

Here's the new Pacers roster.

24 Darrell Armstrong PG
    9 Maceo Baston PF
    6 Marquis Daniels G/F
    ? Ike Diogo F/C
    34 Mike Dunleavy SF
    10 Jeff Foster F/C
    33 Danny Granger F
    5 Orien Greene PG
    13 David Harrison C
    2 Rawle Marshall G/F
    ? Keith McLeod PG
    1 Troy Murphy
    7 Jermaine O'Neal F/C
    11 Jamaal Tinsley PG
    4 Shawne Williams F

This will not end well.

12. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Jermaine O'Neal is packing his bags as we speak.

Draft saved Draft deleted