1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

756 *

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Jul 1, 2007.

?

So......you catch 756*....what do you do with it?

1. Throw it back

2 vote(s)
    4.8%
  2. Highest Bidder

22 vote(s)
    52.4%
  3. Give to Bonds

3 vote(s)
    7.1%
  4. Give to Hall of Fame

8 vote(s)
    19.0%
  5. Keep it

7 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I'd either give it the Hall or give it to Bonds. I think people who sell balls to the highest bidder are fucktards.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

If getting the cash, thus assuring my daughter all the college she wants, makes me a fucktard, so be it.

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Wow. I'm a fucktard.

Learn something new every day.

Just a hunch, but I'll bet fucktards tend to have mortgages and the like.

4. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

I think you are fucktard if you sell someones hr ball but with Bonds and this home run you would be absolutely foolish to pass this opportunity to set up your child's college fund. (or new house, boat or next vacation)

5. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

First off, throwing the ball back won't even be an option. If you got the ball, you better hope you are very lucky and not claustrophobic. Unless security is RIGHT next to you, enjoy experiencing what it is like to be on the bottom of an NFL fumble pile, sans pads. Every bleacher bum who is seeing dollar signs won't hesitate to give you a swift punch to the groin on the bottom of that pile for a shot at the ball. And once security arrives, they are going to hustle you away.

And I sell it to the highest bidder. Warm feelings about letting baseball fans see a piece of rawhide for years to come is nice, but it doesn't pay off student loans.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

I would very happily return the ball to Mr. Bonds as long as he would meet the following conditions:

Pay me $1 million cash.

Sign a notarized statement admitting to steroid usage and stating that his "records" for season and career home runs should be permanently expunged from all baseball record books.

Retire immediately, turn himself into the Feds, admit to and serve time in prison for tax evasion, perjury and bribing a witness (you don't think Greg Anderson is sitting in jail for free, do you?)

7. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

POTY

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'd trade it to Bonds for an admission of guilt. And a bat.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Guess I'm a fucktard, too...because if that ball were to end up in my hands, I'd be getting paid.

10. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Not that I'd do it, but to be clear: writing on your property is not vandalism.

11. I think the buyer is a fucktard, not the seller.

12. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Is $1 million the theory behind how much it is worth? Isn't there a chance it will be sold for more?

Draft saved Draft deleted