1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

720 Dunk

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Gomer, Jul 4, 2006.

1. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

2. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Meanwhile, some kid in Argentina is popping in 100 3-pointers an hour, ready to pop the United States in the Olympics one day.

3. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Hey, to each their own. Might not be worth a gold medal, but it'll give him 15 minutes of fame.

I'm sure impressed.

4. PEteacher

PEteacher Member

Each one of which is worth more than that dunk on the scoreboard.

That's why Argentina is kicking our asses in the games that count.

Still, I'm impressed as hell.

5. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Oh sure, no doubt it's impressive. But in America we reward the dunk more than the pick-and-roll. We reward the dunk more than the 15-foot baseline jumper. We reward the dunk more than the 3-pointer.

Impressive yes, but it also makes me a bit sick. ::)

6. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Listening to an And1 commentator scream "OHH BABY!!!" for the umpteen-millionth time also makes me sick.

Hey, you know what we really need? A basketball game on trampolines, and you get three points for long-distance dunks! That'd sell, right?!

7. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

[​IMG]

That's what I thought.

8. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

One massively broken leg/ankle/wrist too many I guess.

Hate to admit it, but I enjoyed watching that gong show a lot more than pro wrestling. Whatever happened to it, anyhow?

9. PEteacher

PEteacher Member

And then Argentina wins gold.........

10. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

That was going to be my point.

Friend of mine coaches at a school where the boys basketball team won three games last year. He said all they talked about was watching the And1 stuff on ESPN. Which explains why they won only three games.

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

How does the video of an absolutely sick dunk evolve, or devolve actually, into a dissertation on the downfall of U.S. basketball?

12. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

It's a neat little summary of U.S. basketball - it's all about the dunk over here.

Draft saved Draft deleted