1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

7/11 Page Six Makes Esiason Favorite To Assume Imus' Former Program Role

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Ben_Hecht, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Boomer this.

Gag.

2. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Talk about a "Boomerang" effect on CBS Radio and Imus' critics. One of the I-Man's favorite guys is a front-runner to replace him.

What will Al Sharpton say about this!!!!

3. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Boomer Esiason will certainly be a big ratings boost and quickly become on of the top-rated hosts in the country........

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Lets see, Dan Patrick, Tucker Carlson, and Tony Kornheiser have also been favorites to get the slot. Has anyone that's spoken in front of a microphone not been a favorite? I'd just like to say, I have no interest in getting up at 3:30 a.m. every day to do this show, so CBS can rule me out.

5. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Imus will be back on the air by January. They are just biding their time. There is a new head of CBS Radio and he just brought back the oldies station in New York, and is much more of a radio guy than the last dude in charge. WFAN had any number of hosts in the past couple of months and most have been unlistenable. Imus may not have had ratings, but he did pull in the listeners and advertisers that made the station $$ (which is all that matters in this business).

6. thebiglead

thebiglead Member

Only way I can see DP or Kornheiser taking this is if they had a syndicated deal.

The few times I've heard Boomer, I thought he was good. Not the bombastic crap I usually here on talk radio. Caught about 43 seconds of STEPHEN A SMITH (it must be in all caps) yesterday before vomiting in my mouth.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Ummmm, which Boomer would you prefer: Esiason or... him?

8. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Esiason was awful as a guest host. It was downright brutal.

9. shockey

shockey Active Member

my money's on imus return. what would make for a bigger pub/ratings spike? ??? 8) :eek:

Draft saved Draft deleted