1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

7-10 split for MKE: bowling may leave town

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DocTalk, Feb 20, 2008.

1. DocTalk

DocTalk Active Member

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2008-02-19-bowling_N.htm

How will Milwaukee survive? First Miller may be heading to Chicago, now bowling may leave for the heart of Texas.

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Hey, the Brewers are going to win the NL Central this season. Bubbs told me so.

Milwaukee will be fine, as long as there are alleys and beer.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

It all went to shit when Sport Bowl on North Avenue was torn for a Taco Bell.

There was another cool ass bowling alley further west on North Avenue in Wauwatosa where I'd toss a few.

As for the MillerCoors thing, fuck Pete Coors and the South African jack asses that want a neutral city.

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Tosa Lanes? The one down in the basement? I bowled in a league there in about 1984.

As for the USBC leaving, Jim "Tax 'em till they leave" Doyle (D) is just getting started. By the time this clown is voted out, there won't be any businesses left in Wisconsin.

5. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Another possibility to consider: The USBC could no longer stand the fact that Doyle refuses to address global warming in the State of Wisconsin. So it's leaving for a state that more closely regulates its temperature.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Somebody better go by Gutter's house and make a welfare check.

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Paging Webby...

8. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

:mad: :mad:

9. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

Texas is warmer and has far less snow. Enough said.

10. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Wimp.

11. I was out there last weekend. This was huge news.
    In my life, I have rolled at 'Tosa and at Sport Bowl and I ruled at the old Eagles Club at 24th and the Ave.
    This makes my inner child cry.

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Tosa Lanes was indeed the one in the basement. Is it still around?

The upset of the century is that the other alley I lived closest to, Highland Lanes on Vliet, is still around. I'd go in there on my way home from St. Sebastian's and throw down my lunch money on Turbo, PunchOut and Kangaroo, and no one would be in the place at all until about 8 p.m.

Draft saved Draft deleted