1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

68 Days til Xmas, 36 til Hanukkah, time to shop!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Oct 18, 2007.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

From our good friends at Neiman-Marcus....

The At-Home Moddy!

[​IMG]

A cutting-edge Artificial Intelligence robot that recognizes family members, can carry on conversations, develops relationships, and answers questions with fact-based advice, now that's going to freak out the kids. Say, "Hey" to the Swami.

The OMG factor on this dude is off the charts. You'll swear he's human, right down to his facial expressions. How does he do it? Revolutionary character-engine artificial intelligence software. Micro-camera eyes. More than 30 robotic micro motors. All running off a PC laptop (included, of course). $75,000

(more)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

That's just creepy.

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

For Webby, to guard the place:

[​IMG]

Our 100-foot long dragon topiary from Black Barn Farm isn't meant (just) to inspire envy.

First and foremost, it's a living, natural work of art from topiary artist Matthew Larkin, complete with gold-leafed horns, claws, teeth, and fins. With its blown-glass eyes and custom-welded steel frame, it's an investment, really. Starts at $35,000.

4. 21

21 Well-Known Member

The Troll Trapper

[​IMG]

Nestled among the branches, up off the ground, there's a nine-foot-diameter hardwood floor and groovy round mattress inside. 13-feet tall. $50,000

(No wireless internet, the ultimate Ignore!)

5. 21

21 Well-Known Member

For Boom...no more airport lines.

[​IMG]

Leading an international conservation effort for the endangered Monarch Butterfly, Vico Gutierrez flew along on their 3,000-mile, 10-week migration from Canada to Mexico in an ultralight christened the Papalotzin.

To celebrate Vico's quest to keep the world a beautiful place, you can attain his original documentary-starring machine. Plus, you get to fly along in his upcoming Monarch Migration Tour. And you'll be up there, baby. The two-seater weighs just 420 lbs. It's like riding a chair through the air. Just you, the wind, and those ethereal Monarchs. $80,000. Butterfly video additional $25.00

(For $80k, you'd think they'd throw in the video for free.)

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Looks like the Burger King mascot.

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Not sure who's getting this, maybe we'll have an auction. Opening bid, $1,590,000. Probably less if you don't want Regis there.

[​IMG]

The world-famous Kirov Orchestra. Uber-maestro Valery Gergiev working his Russian magic. Firebrand virtuoso Lola Astanova beating the daylights out of a Steinway® Concert Grand. Performing The Nutcracker Suite, the Tchaikovsky "Piano Concerto," and another Tchaikovsky masterpiece of your choice. In your hometown, at a private holiday concert for you and 499 of your closest friends. Hosted by Regis Philbin! $1,590,000.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Without Philbin . . . ehhhhhhhh . . . mil and a quarter?

All right?

Shall we wrap that for you?

9. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

<-------------

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]

Veruca Salt: Hey, Daddy, I want an Oompa Loompa. I want you to get me an Oompa Loompa right away.

Mr. Salt: All right, Veruca, all right. I'll get you one before the day is out.

Veruca Salt: I want an Oompa Loompa now!

11. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

For my friends:

JR and HC:[​IMG]

spnited:[​IMG]

IJAG:[​IMG]

Sportschick:[​IMG]

Flash:[​IMG]

12. 21

21 Well-Known Member

For me. At 305 carats, I figure I can share a few carats here and there with the SJ ladies, and still have enough to make a whole thong out of the rest.

[​IMG]

Weighing in officially at 305.18 carats, it is one of the largest natural diamonds unearthed. It sparkles with rich golden, green, and amber tones yet has not been polished, cut, or altered whatsoever. The master jewelers at Diamond in the Rough® will preserve that breathtaking natural perfection and craft a one-of-a-kind necklace that you get to help design. Starts at $1 million.

Draft saved Draft deleted