1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

6-year-old boy is floating away

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Oct 15, 2009.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Are there no reporters at the house to confirm the location of the kid?

2. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

CNN is doing a terrible job updating the altitude of this thing. That's crucial. Looks like it's lost a few thousand feet in the past 15-20 minutes.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

From the KABC website showing the balloon:

While you watch the live stream, tweet us @abc7 and let us know what you think!

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I'm really hoping this kid is laying on top of a neighbor's roof and not still in that thing.

5. 21

21 Well-Known Member

That thing is going to crash. There's a Blackhawk 5 minutes away and the blimp is 1000 feet off the ground.

6. mb

mb Active Member

Sorry. I misinterpreted "Never mind, they're now saying fallen out before it went airborne."

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I just meant the "he may have fallen out" became "may have fallen out before it went airborne." I didn't type it clearly. My bad.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

So an alien abduction occurs right before our very eyes and the media is involved in a cover-up story.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

This is a crazy ass story - does seem like the balloon has lost some shape in the last 20 minutes.

It's like a cross between the Flight of the Navigator and American Beauty.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

WTF CNN, how do you go on-and-on about the kid not being in the balloon without stopping to ask "If he's not in the balloon and he's not at home, where is he?"

11. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

My sentiment's exactly. You don't need to be a MENSA member to become a parent... just working naughty bits.

12. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

If the kid isn't in there, where the hell is he? Did someone not keep an eye on this thing the whole time, to see if he stayed in there?

Draft saved Draft deleted