1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

6 Awesome Food Products Discontinued Before Their Time

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by YankeeFan, Apr 3, 2010.

1. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

[​IMG]

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I got sooooo excited seeing that. My stomach dropped a bit. I would pay a handsome reward to anyone who could find a box of these. They were discontinued years ago, but I look for them EVERY time I'm in a grocery store. Every time.

3. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I was a deprived child. They didn't sell Count Chocula were I lived.

4. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

These were a staple in the pantry when I was growing up:

[​IMG]

5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

They don't compare to Sonic's cheesy tots, though. But few if any compare favorably with Sonic.

Seeing Care Bear's photo of Charlie's from Mountville triggered a memory for me: Herr's Heinz ketchup chips. Haven't had them in years.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

These were in the house constantly as a young child in Chicago. But I don't think they were sold outside the Midwest. Regardless, they were always stale and tasted like an old salt lick. God awful, but my Dad loved them and ate them seemingly a bag a sitting.

[​IMG]

7. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

No, Charles Chips were sold in California as well. They actually had a door-to-door salesman go by the PR agency I worked at right out of college. I bought a tin of the salt-and-vinegar ones.

This was 20 years ago.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

About 20 years ago, Taco Bell had something called a Taco Light. It was a taco with a fried flour tortilla instead of a fried corn tortilla. It cam with let, cheese and sour cream, and it was freeking tits.

9. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

[​IMG]

The greatest chips ever. I spent much of my adulthood searching for them during my travels outside Chicago and never found them. But a couple months ago, I discovered them in, of all places, a hillbilly gas station in Arkansas. Of course, I no longer live anywhere near there and I don't eat potato chips anymore. Fuck.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Wise move that will help you to live longer somewhere.

11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Thanks, Dr. Oz.

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

In light of recent developments taking a more activist posture towards bad eating habits that could ultimately cost us all money.

Draft saved Draft deleted