1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

6 Americans to watch in MLS 2015

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Ruben Rivas, Feb 18, 2015.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Tell us more Ruben, I am quite interested

JackReacher likes this.
  2. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Subscribe to his newsletter.

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

As a former soccer player, I remember thinking 35 years ago that by now soccer would be much more popular than most sports. Within five years of thinking that I realized I was wrong.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I even try to like the MLS, and I don't like the MLS.

5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

And MLS has almost no chance to be big time because it will likely always be a minor league to the big-money Euro leagues.

6. Ruben Rivas

Ruben Rivas Member

Once our second and third division put their thing together, every small town in America will have a soccer team, remember these.

I dont see baseball getting any bigger but then again, nobody can predict the future.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I've met a few MLS players when they have come to give clinics to my kids' leagues. Most of the parents think it's a really cool thing that these civic-minded young lads do. Then I tell them the guys are doing it because they make $50K or less and could really use the $200 our league is paying them.

8. Ruben Rivas

Ruben Rivas Member

MLS has a harvard business model that is working, is a slow process but it will get there.

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Soccer's boring. No one ever scores.

10. Ruben Rivas

Ruben Rivas Member

To me baseball and golf are boring but then again, I dont know much about those sports so I cant judge a sport I know nothing about.

11. da man

da man Well-Known Member

But you keep trying to.

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I know plenty about soccer. And I hate it. It's boring.

Draft saved Draft deleted