1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

5K or bust

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Oct 12, 2006.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I never went throught my college graduation and always felt like I was missing something.
    So I'm not going to miss my 5,000th post -- coming up sometime this morning.
    I owe it all to finding an outlet for my years of being a cynical bastard (as opposed to a Fenian_Bastard), of seeing stupid parents, stupid coaches (George Perles and Elliot Uzelac come to mind) and above all, The Dwarf, who taught me that good feature writing and truth do not have to go hand in hand.
    I owe it to people like 21 who felt picking on the Dwarf was snivelly prurient, to Dooley who taught me the art of a post pad. To Idaho who showed me the Owyhee Candy Company, to Moddy who sent me his Christmas CD and to birdscribe who had to ask for a copy of the Rodeo Song every six months...
    There is a tear in my eye now.. I must go contemplate life and head to McDonalds for breakfast....

2. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

[​IMG]

Breakfast of Chumpions

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Breakfast of charmions

4. I'll make it easy for you.
    http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?isbn=1401303277&z=y

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You sir, are a man among princes...

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Are you collecting stories about the people from this board you actually meet for a book? You can call it "The Five People You Meet At SportsJournalists.com."

Oh and fetch me a fucking beer, junior. :D :D

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I can't take that from many people, but I guess for you...

And yes, I am writing that book. Am starting with another columnist I know and calling it "suck-ups and syncophants"
    I know it will be a board favorite....

8. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Or "Tuesdays with Moddy."

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Did not

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Did too.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

slap, I wouldn't have guessed you for a post over 4,700. ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted