1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

534 women and children removed from Fundamentalist LDS compound

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Angola!, Apr 4, 2008.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I saw the Fox & Friends spot too. Their eyes looked glassy and they seemed robotic, the the wives they were interviewing looked a little weird too.
    This is an odd case that cuts across so many cultural lines. Bill Maher was being just a little bit funny when he said of course the authorities took action on this case, it's a cult without a constituency, but I didn't hear much talk of the FBI even looking in to see if the Catholic Church was covering up sex abuse cases. And anybody seen Jon Kraukaur interviewed about this case? Seems like he'd be a natural source after Under the Banner of Heaven.

2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

We all know Michael Savage is batshit crazy, but I have a hard time understanding how anyone can defend the FLDS people.
    Even Yawn, Old Tony and Lyman Bostock aren't defending these people.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Since we're getting into climbing season in the Himalayas, he's probably off on a mountain and doesn't even know about it.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Loved Larry King's interview with the ladies of YFZ. Hard to tell who seemed more out of it.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Remember how sketchy I told y'all the pretext for the raid seemed to be?

Proof.

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=6344413&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

A bunch of scuzzbuckets may walk because of a fake 911 call.

6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Doesn't mean they'll walk. The authorities had reason to believe there was a problem so they went in. The question will be whether police acted legally with what they knew at the time. If they were reasonable in believing the call was legit, the fact that it was later proven fake will not make the initial search illegal.

Draft saved Draft deleted