1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

52 percent of Mississippi GOP voters: Obama is a Muslim

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

My point exactly.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Mizzou said he has been twice this election cycle.

As far as "how random" the poll is - these services only have their credibility to sell. I imagine it's fairly scientific. Too many watchful eyes in 2012, from Nate Silver on down.

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

The methodology is in the last 'graf of the first page in the .pdf in the story in the original post.

PPP surveyed 656 likely Republican voters in Mississippi and 600 likely Republican
    primary voters in Alabama on March 10th and 11th. The margin of error for the
    Mississippi poll is +/-3.8% and for the Alabama poll it’s +/-4.0%.
    This poll was not paid for or authorized by any campaign or political organization. PPP
    surveys are conducted through automated telephone interviews.

4. J-School Blue

J-School Blue Member

I have. Randomly via telephone in...2004, as I recall.

I have no doubt there's a certain amount of "let's fuck with the librul media pollsters" going on in these results, which may make the folks polled feel like they're sticking it to the man. And I get to continue to make fun of Mississippi. Win-win.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Wonder if that's offset at all by, "I know in my heart he's a Muslim, but I better just say Christian so that the librul communist media doesn't make a big deal out of it."

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Until we dropped our landline last year, we got hit for a poll at least once per month.

7. J-School Blue

J-School Blue Member

I had a landline the last time the pollsters called me, come to it. Haven't gotten a call from them since I've been strictly on my cell phone.

This is, on another note, the first year I've gotten robocalls on my cell.

8. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

I wonder how the question was asked. Are you only given three choices? I know the Muslim idea is played out and silly, but if you give me the choice "Is Obama a Christian or a Muslim or are you unsure?" without the option of "neither," then you have to go with "unsure."

The President gives no evidence of truly being a Christian, so there should be a choice between "Muslim" and "Christian."

9. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

What the fuck?

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Maybe by 'evidence' we mean 'church attendance.'

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Why should the president have to give any evidence that he follows any religion?

12. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

I haven't read it in a while, but I would have sworn Jesus or one of those other fellas said something about casting aspersions on the faith of others.

Failing that, there's the whole plank/speck thing. Or the go away and pray in private thing.

Or, you know, the "no religious test" thing in the Constitution.

Draft saved Draft deleted