1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

50th Daytona 500 Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Italian_Stallion, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

They go out of their way trying to imprison you into exposing yourself to excessive nosepicking blather.

I'll walk into a saloon about 6:20 tonight . . . to see the race.

2. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

What really sucks with the late start is when you actually get out of that place if you're covering it. I didn't leave until 11 p.m. last year. This year, thanks to the state of the newspaper industry, I don't have that problem.

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

The guy needs a debate and permission to start a Daytona thread? Are we out of bandwidth?

The running thread obsession is seriously out of control.

Just needed to say that. Carry on.

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I didn't see that 3:30 start anywhere, Moddy. So noon (2 p.m.) was the start time as far as I was aware.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I just said I figured that was where it would be, which explained why there hadn't been a thread started.

I wasn't saying this was a bad idea.

Just needed to say that.

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Papers out your way must suck!!

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Has the four minutes of racing . . . six minutes of commercials cycle begun yet, in earnest?

8. sportschick

Naw, just that dumb chick who does the TV grid and went by what Fox said.

9. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Never go by the TV grid, especially the ones done by dumb chicks. :D Always go by the deadline for your fantasy picks! (Mine was 3:30, so I figured there was lots of pregamage.)

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Ben, they're expressly trying not to do that. Said they'd have more frequent commercials, but they'd be shorter.

11. sportschick

I don't do fantasy racing. I tried it once and I totally did not understand what I was doing.

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

That doesn't stop me with many things.

(I set the BP machine at 55 mph, for those who have trouble getting around on fastballs.)

Draft saved Draft deleted