1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

50th Daytona 500 Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Italian_Stallion, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Damn, I could get $250,000 for finishing last in the Daytona 500. Where can I sign up for next year?

2. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

Nemechek got sent to the back of the pack.

He was in chapel, realized the driver intros were about to start, couldn't make it to the stage in time, and that was that.

I like Smoke quite a bit. Can't blame him. What got me was that he didn't even take a sip of Coca-Cola to get some Coke points.

3. One thing that bothered me about the race coverage was a mistake or omission by Dick Bergren, who usually does a solid job.

My boy Gordon quietly slips from the top to 5 to 31st... Nothing... No news nothing... Gordo climbs but never gets higher than 15th. .. Still nothing.
    Finally, Bergren comes on with news Gordon is hanging in the back to save tires. OK?
    Then my boy DW points out that Gordon is out of the draft and all by himself, which means he'll lose about a second a lap and will eventually be lapped by the pack.
    A few minutes later Gordon pulls out of the race with the suspension issue.
    My problem was with Bergren's reporting. I find it hard to believe a veteran like that would find it believable that Gordon, who is out of the draft, would be driving that way to save tires with less than 60 laps to go.
    I really like Fox coverage of races - much better than ESPN - but I thought Bergren dropped the ball on that one.
    Fox did a good job in getting Gordon to talk about the suspension issue and the fact that it likely wasn't just his car, but an issue for the Hendrick team.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Skip Bayless is a fucking idiot.

5. yes. Any special reason, besides the obvious?

6. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

Would it be because of his comment today about how NASCAR shouldn't have teams and that teammates shouldn't be able to help each other?

Listening to him and 2 Live Stews talk about NASCAR today on Cold Pizza/ First Take/Dana Jacobson's Rehab made my head hurt.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

:D ;D :D ;D :D ;D

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Yes.

Draft saved Draft deleted