1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

5/09 SNL - Timberlake hosting

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, May 9, 2009.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Martin and Walken have mailed in the last few times. They really missed last night with the opener - the political figure speaking directly to the camera rarely works. Geithner isn't that funny of a guy to mock anyway. Stick with Biden, or have Hammond keep going with the Cheney stuff.

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Just rewatched the SNL short, "Immigrants Tale" and "Surgery Center" hilarious.

SNL is back.

3. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Why not play a Vanity 6 or Apollonia 6 video?

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say "it's back" - it's like a round of golf, you forget all the crappy shots and you remember that approach that leaves you a kick-in for birdie that keeps you coming back.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Ferrell hosting means there will probably be a Celebrity Jeopardy skit, so I'll be watching.

I think he was hosting when the line "Jap Anus Relations" was uttered.

6. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Wow, does that mean we'll actually get to see Darrell Hammond (as Connery)? I think the only place we've seen him recently is at the end, with the entire cast waving goodbye.

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

your mother's a whore.

8. RayKinsella

RayKinsella Member

I fear I missed the boat on the digital short, while I laughed, I missed a lot of the lines. I also think there were way funnier DS's in the past few months.

Jizz in my pants -

Like a boss -

And of course - I'm on a boat -

9. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

I actually laughed pretty hard at the opening sketch.

10. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

i guess i'll be play the debbie downer role here and say, "eh." have liked timberlake as host in the past but thought this time wasn't up to previous success.

11. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

The Ellis Island skit was great, as was the Digital short. The other stuff was good, but it's time to come up with some new material for him. Barry Gibb Talkshow and "Bring It On Down to (blank)-ville" have been fabulous, but there are diminishing returns. The only really funny part about Plasticville was the Lady Gaga parody "Mediocre-face."

I wanted a Michael McDonald sketch, like he previewed during his Thanksgiving appearance on Weekend Update.

Solid, funny episode. And "Privately ... he hit it." was the hardest I've laughed at this show in awhile. But it's time to give him some new characters for next time.

12. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

What's the line right before "where you came out as a baby?" ... I just can't catch it.

Also, "this is the second-best idea we ever had." Awesome.

Draft saved Draft deleted