1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

49er cornerback smacked, apologizes for saying what he thinks.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dog eat dog world, Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Maybe we need a running Oppressed Christian Conservatives thread?

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Artie Lange has no business at the Super Bowl because he had the audacity to veer from the NFL-approved script and revealed that homophobia continues to exist within NFL locker rooms. Got it. Football questions only, please. With the toy department's blessing.

3. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Artie Lange is a homophobe himself.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Lange's involvement in this is beyond hilarious...

5. Dick Whitman

Strange bedfellows. Reminds me of when law enforcement has to enlist ex- and current cons to go undercover as informants.

6. Mizzougrad96

I think Artie is hilarious, but a few years back on the Stern Show, they had a discussion about him not using the word "faggot" any more and he said something to the effect of, "So you want me to give up my whole act?"

7. Dick Whitman

I'm also reminded of the Jeff Pearlman-John Rocker situation. I know that Pearlman has written that he sat quietly as Rocker spewed, as there was some speculation that he must have egged him on by saying that he agreed with him. That's always the difficult trick - getting a player to think you must agree on something controversial without actually saying that you do. Depending on the personality and savvy of the subject, you can also lure them in the opposite way - by getting into a debate with them on a controversial issue like this.

8. Mizzougrad96

The best/worst ever was the DLB-Hardaway interview where DLB gave Hardaway about 10 chances to backtrack and take back his comments and he just dug himself deeper, deeper and deeper...

9. Mizzougrad96

You can find players on every single team who would say the identical thing Culliver said.

That's not defending him, that's just saying that while his comments are unfortunate, they're not exactly surprising...

10. Dick Whitman

Exactly.

Carl Everett gets the third degree, but Ray Lewis hasn't? Unless I'm mistaken. Hard to believe his dumb ass wouldn't pontificate at some point about gay marriage or dirty apes.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Why would anyone want to know what Ray Lewis (or any of these other guys actually) think about any of that?

I want to know how Ray Lewis thinks the Ravens can stop the zone read. That's about it.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

So Jesus walks into a Holiday Inn puts 3 nails on the counter and says "Can you put me up for the night?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.